Tuesday, December 20, 2005

E'rythang ain't meant for E'rrybody



have you ever noticed that when somethings become "in" style e'ryone and they grandma wanna do it....well GUESS WHAT? E'rythang ain't meant for E'rrybody!!! Everyone can't be a photojournalist - cuz you gotta a digital camera and photoshop, e'ryone can't be a music producer because you got music software on your computer and a casio, e'rryone can't be a rapper cuz they make words rhyme - Dr. Suess could make words rhyme and he ended up being a novelist(lol I said Dr. Suess is a novelist), e'rryone can't be a model cuz they Mama think they pretty and they show mo'skins than sunday night football, e'rryone can't be a hairstylist cuz they can throw in a pony tail - that's why they got school for ish like that, e'ryone can't be a make up artist cuz they can buy sinful cosmetics from the local Asian beauty supply store and try to make it look like MAC "booo it ain't MAC and you look like HOMEY the clown", and LASTLY for my rant this evening.....

EVERYONE CANNOT BE A POET JUST BECAUSE THEY THINK THAT THEY ARE ON ANOTHER LEVEL – OR THAT THEY CAN MAKE WORDS RHYME – OR USE THE SAME TIRED METAPHORS – OR THINK THEY ARE ON A SOME REVOLUTIONARY TIP BECAUSE THEY STOPPED GETTING RELAXERS DRINK GREEN TEA AND SMOKE BIDI’S

i will not profess to be the best
i will confess that i take what i do seriously
i've been writing poetry since 1987 and i know i'm gifted
not to sound conceited or full of it - i know this this is one of my GIVEN talents...so it just offends me when regular folk try to call themselves "poets" and actually expect people to take them seriously....

sidenote: in a previous blog on yahoo I mentioned having a motto for 2006. Well I already have TWO that I'm considering...but I truly believe I'm goin to have to have a new motto each quarter because some folks *smh* need to learn...

i will say this for 2006

"I WILL NO LONGER BITE MY TONGUE, THAT SH!T HURTS"

Shai

2 comments:

ella m. said...

What that it say about me that I thought of fashion crimes after the first few lines of this post?

Like "Everyone should not wear those ridiculous velour tracksuits EVERYWHERE, even to 4 star restaurants just because some magazine says they're "in"....you ARE NOT there to jog honey.....

Anonymous said...

my motto for 06 is...
NO U R NOT RICK JAMES--BITCH!!!1