Sunday, January 29, 2006

Original Power Nap

this was one of those days
that I craved to hear your voice over the phone
whispering
"what are you wearing"
mimicking your soft tone
I’d answer
with details that no one else would ever know
like
the
silk that
covered my rose petal’d lips silencing their obvious ferment
the
lace that
hugged my nipples so gently
I’d include things that I knew
would peak your interest
creating a image that begged for 4-D sensory
reality, touch
taste,
smell,
sounds like promises made in vain
weekend rendezvous
yes
but not for the obvious
together we’d fit
easy like
puzzle pieces
each curve would bend perfectly
the heat would
lull our bodies to sleep while
you hum
unconsciously


"if you are worried bout where"

"I’d been or who I saw or…"

"baby don’t worry you know that"

"…..you got me”

with deep sighed response, I’d agree
as if on cue
our bodies move
change positions until comfort sets in
we’d meld extremities until our
heartbeats would synchronize
like decoder watches at the bottom of cereal boxes
so excited to finally be able to hold the prize
sustenance would take a back seat
just so we
could
marinate in holding intangibles


"I love us"

we muse our hearts together like quilting techniques
handed down from generations of "what could have been"
only to remain distant lovers
living in depressed states seeking the justifiable
escape
knowing that the time allotted for us
will expire soon
we
plaster smiles on our faces
mimic joy in our voices
traveling in separate directions
back home; back to chained fools
in love with confused hearts reminiscing on power naps
clinging to
an intimacy untouched
never acknowledging
the depth that was left
sleeping
on queen sized sheets
in master bedrooms
filled with
vanilla
scented
candle perfumes

No comments: