Thursday, September 05, 2013

Monday, September 2nd - First day Journaling Scripture

Thursday: Playing Catch up

1:50pm

listening to: Tamela Mann Pandora Radio


Monday : 2 Corinthians 4: 16-18

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

-------------------

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

New International Version (NIV)
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

-------------------
So I looked up various versions of this scripture to get a better understanding. I pulled the NIV version from www.biblegateway.com  So from this I get that although things look far from wonderful right now, the spirit world is steadily working and striving for our benefit. Even though we cannot see it - what we can see is only for right now it will not be this way forever. I should have read this scripture ON MONDAY because I have been struggling with a few things the last couple of months. Unhappy in my home life, unhappy with my family and those I chose to surround myself with all because thing aren't going how I thought they would or how I feel they should. But instead of "falling on my own sword" and succumbing to the despair and "muck" of it all I look to the hills of which cometh my help. I continue to pray and encourage my son to pray and thank God for all that we have and do not have. Pray for strongholds to be broken, to loose peace, prosperity, and love in all that we do and for all those people who touch our lives albeit in a big or small way.  This whole earthly life is temporal and THAT'S what we should remember. Our ultimate charge is to treat one another with respect and dignity and give of ourselves in this world as Jesus gave of himself. Its hard sometimes to remember that our Father has written our story already and that HE will get the glory in the end when we have our victory. It often times will not happen right now, or next week, or even in this year as we have to grow in Christ and learn to trust HIS word. #dontpraynworry #diedailyintheflesh


No comments: