Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday, beginning of the workweek but not the beginning of the week!

Good Morning!
Today is a new day. Church yesterday was marvelous. I was supposed to go to church in Charles City with my cousin. However my friend called me and said he wanted to go. So I opted to go to St. Paul’s instead. The service was awesome, as usual – and I was blessed to be able to receive the message. A couple sat next to us, they seemed very happy to be in service. I interacted with the young lady to my left quite a bit during service, sharing my pen with her, talking to her during call and response, even hugging her at the end of service. Her presence alone made my spiritual experience so much of a blessing. When we were leaving – it was funny, that couple had parked beside us. Talk about God at work. I love it when it’s obvious he’s working with us, in us, and through us.

Whooo!

He is working on me daily. I love this feeling. I love that I’m coming to know who I am and who God intends for me to be. I still haven’t finished revising my last poem, I started over the weekend but lost focus; perhaps tonight I can go back at it. There’s so much on my plate right now, I am beginning to think my eyes are bigger than my stomach. I know that I can handle it; I just need to find focus. I wonder how other people focus. What is their driving spirit; especially successful people. What makes them keep going despite the obstacles, despite the lack of support (financially and emotionally). I have a spirit of determination, this I know. Just turning it on is that problem. I need to find an outlet to plug it into is all. ASHE! That’s it for now, Giving God all the glory this Monday morning!! Hallelujah!

No comments: